Are You A Stranger?
@cazphoto's Latest Tweets
- Dailycache: Day #282 – Early Morning In Shenley https://t.co/oh1ceMwrzZ #geocaching about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dailycache: Day #281 – Bank Holiday Cache & Dash https://t.co/rDnI3NIASt #geocaching about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dailycache: Day #280 – The Big 5K! https://t.co/TWgN7ZPtza #geocaching about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dailycache: Day #279 – North Weald Geo-Ramble https://t.co/7F0y7N3pv7 #geocaching about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dailycache: Day #278 – Caged In Shenley https://t.co/lRyEvVn41k #geocaching about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
So what’s this all about? Yet another blog by Caz?
I’m not very good at portraiture, and don’t really feel comfortable with studio setups. So I decided to challenge myself to take part in the 100 Strangers Project on Flickr. From the group pool:
The 100 Strangers project is a learning group intended for those wishing to improve both their social and technical skills needed for taking portraits of strangers and telling their stories. The method is to learn by doing.
The challenge: Take 100 photographs of at least 100 people you don’t know. Approach anyone or a group of people, ask for permission to both take a photo of them and to post it to this group. Get to know your stranger/s. Who are they? What is their life like? Step out of your comfort zone and into a new level of portrait photography.
100 Strangers Project
I’m not sure how I’ll get on – already I feel nervous about the prospect of approaching people and asking to take their picture. But you know the old saying – if you don’t ask, you don’t get… Wish me luck.
This is probably going to take me quite a while to complete, so I didn’t want to just set it up as a sub page of one of my Photo A Day blogs, as it could well stretch into 2012 and beyond!