Caz at an event.
I’ll be updating the list regularly when I post a new photography tutorial, so you can easily keep tabs on them.
Taking Better Pictures
These are aimed at anyone who would like to improve their photography, whether they use a fully-automatic compact camera or SLR. The principles apply equally to film and digital photography.
- Composition #1 – The Rule Of Thirds
- Composition #2 – Lead-In Lines
- Composition #3 – Using Symmetry
- Composition #4 – Framing Elements
- Composition #5 – Creating Depth
- Composition #6 – Using Repetition
- Composition #7 – Fill The Frame, Or Not?
- Composition #8 – Using Triangles
- Texture & Tone in Monochrome
- Subdued Or Single-Colour Images
- Vibrant Colours
- Thinking Around The Subject
These are aimed at people with a bit of photographic knowledge, but would like to learn more about the technicalities. They will explain the affects of ISO speed, shutter speed, apertures and more.
- All About ISO
- All About Apertures & F-numbers
- All About Shutter Speeds
- Putting It All Together – Exposure
- More on Depth of Field
- White Balance & Colour Temperature
- Lenses And Perspective
In these Limit Yourself posts, I’m going to take one element of picture making and suggest you pare it down to the minimum and see what happens.
How To Take…
These are a few tips on how to handle particular photographic situations, with examples showing how best to get the picture you want.
- How To Take… Concert Photography
- How To Take… A Photo Essay
- How To Take… Kids Portraits
- How To Take… Smoke Shots
- How To Take… Fireworks
There are several genres of photography which I enjoy which are very technical and require much trial and error to hone your technique. Here are some ongoing experiments I have made and the articles I’ve written about my progress.
A-Z of Photography
Here are some shots which illustrate some popular photographic terms, and how each was made. Eventually, there will be a complete A-Z listing.